Life update: Still breathing

     I'm writing this post on my bed while accompanying my little brother doing his mandarin homework. It's been a long time since I sit down and take the time to write and reflect on my life and what's going on.  I still remember the first time attempting to write on this blog, so many silly and cringy stuff that a 13-year-old-girl would write. But hey, I'm grateful to have the opportunity to have a space to express my feelings. It's like a diary, but online. Life has been crazy for me, so many things happened and so many feelings involved. So many things changed but so many things also remain the same. Time passed, people come and go, but I'm still the same Carmen, just stronger and wiser.

(Photo taken in Siniawan, Bau, Sarawak)

     It's been a year since I became a university student. It felt insane. Not to mention that I checked my university application when I was at Soekarno Hatta airport last year. I was at Jakarta for an annual church event, which was held for 4 days. (I think? Can hardly remember anymore). I didn't have high expectation, really, since my STPM result was just enough (read: cukup cukup makan) for me to apply to local uni. But by the grace of  God, I manage to get into a local university in Sarawak. With that being said, I'm currently a full-time student of Cognitive Science in Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS). My course is a 3-year course and I'll be expecting to graduate by 2021.

     Many things have changed since I left home to pursue my dream. From someone who barely leaves home to move 617 miles across the country. It's a new experience that I'm super grateful for. Fast forward to now, Sarawak is like my second home already. I wouldn't say that transitioning from being a teenager or young adult (whatever you call it) to an adult is an easy process, so many responsibilities and commitments, but everyone will go through that process. What's important the most is to live life to the fullest, because we're only young once. Go have fun and enjoy life so that you will have stories to tell to your kids next time. (Hehehe). Anyway, I'll write a post on my uni-life and what it is like to be a student in Sarawak.

So basically that is it. Just writing to let people know that I'm still alive and living life.Will catch up in my next post. See ya!


Comments