RANDOM : Thoughts

I really shouldn't be here right now... I mean I'm supposed to be studying but everything seems to fall apart and I can't concentrate on what I'm reading. Been reading the same thing over and over again without understanding what the passage is all about for the past 15 minutes. But it's alright, I'm gonna be here ranting. This is the only way I can clear out the junks in my mind since I don't have any friends to share with. (lol).

 (P/S: This post might be offensive to some but hey I'm just stating my point and if you feel triggered by the first 2 minutes then I advise you to stop reading. You're warned.)


So just so you know, the SEA games are going on now in Bukit Jalil Kuala Lumpur. I don't know how to explain this but I'm going to put this in the simplest manner as possible. So during the opening ceremony, peoples in the stadium were given a pamphlet or a leaflet to read on. The Indonesians suddenly realized something unusual;  Indonesian flag was printed upside down in a souvenir guidebook, which got me thinking like " Really Malaysia? Really? " To be honest I didn't know if it was on purpose or just simply the negligence of the party involved in printing those guidebooks or maybe just pure ignorance of Malaysian. Well, I wasn't there in the stadium but I can tell that the fellow Indonesians are quite mad with the incidence that happened and they're not afraid to show their dissatisfaction since the tag "#shameonyoumalaysia" got trending on Twitter. When something like this happened, as in conflict between Malaysia and Indonesia, I am ALWAYS obligated to pick sides, even when I don't feel like to. Like for real. Explained what happened to my friends and how they react was quite simple, with one question. "So Carmen, are you mad that they printed your national flag upside down?" Mind you bitches, if you don't already know, I'm actually a legal Malaysian citizen with a blue IC and I've been living here all my life and had my primary and secondary education here in Malaysia. What makes you think that I'm not a legit Malaysian citizen? "Oh, but you were technically born there (in Indonesia) right." Yes, technically I am. But I am still a citizen here since our government won't allow any Malaysian to have dual citizenship, read your god damn book, man. Personally, I'm not mad with the entire incident that happened but I feel sorry for my fellow Indonesians that have to go through all these. It is an undeniable fact that the parties involved failed to inspect and detect the error before the leaflets were printed out, even our Youth and Sports minister apologized for what happened. (UPDATE: Indonesian government accepted the apologies)

I'm not butthurt over what happened but I'm quite upset when the people around me get so ignorance when things like this happened. I hope that things like this will not happen in the future and Malaysian will be more open-minded.

Comments